Thursday, March 31, 2011

Looking Ahead

As I get closer to being able to build the Sterilizer, I am also researching possible laws that may govern the conduct of research here. According to this website, I may need to apply to the Ministry of Environment (Ministerio de Ambiente) in Ecuador for appropriate permits before proceeding with sample collection: http://www.butterfliesofecuador.com/contribute.html

Unfortunately, that website notes that applications need to be made 6 months in advance. I'll have to see what can be done there, and also look into a collaboration opportunity with a local University concerning the project.

I am still awaiting the additional parts needed to make the sterilizer, and once I have them I should be able to determine if I'll need 5 watt electronic ballast to start the bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments on-topic.