Thursday, February 24, 2011

Awaiting XO's

The project is now waiting for the XO's to arrive. They are currently delayed in Quito, possibly for customs.

The research that I've done so far has indicated some interesting options for the UV Sterilizer.

It can be used as part of a humanitarian relief package without any software whatsoever. Simply plug it into the USB port to turn it on, and unplug it to turn it off.

As an educational tool, it has a lot more requirements and a lot more possibilities.

Before I continue the project with physical work, I'll have to do some research on the local laws regarding construction of a prototype, testing samples, and whatever else pops up. I might be required to apply for a permit. Also, I will have to go consult with a university that has a microbiology program and see if they can assist with testing the prototypes.

The next phase that I will be going through, assuming it is possible, is constructing two prototypes. Following that, I'll be testing them with the XO's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments on-topic.